Friday, September 22, 2006

These days.

I found this link posted at another forum I visit. When I clicked it, I was in a decent mood, but as I began reading it I found it to be absolutely depressing and pretty sickening.

It seems the price of the world's most powerful country bringing their brand of "freedom" to your lands is complete chaos and destruction.

I know this has been going on for a long time, but reading that article on this day has pushed me over some kind of edge, I swear. I'm sitting here in a quiet, eerie rage and I have no idea what to do.

Words fail me.

Don't even try to argue that Baghdad was worse before this invasion started because clearly, to the people who actually live there, it was not.

Did Iraq have problems before all this? I have no doubt, but can you imagine what it would feel like to live like these people are living now?

The truth of the matter, my friends, is that you and I are among the luckiest of people in the world right now.

Sit back and think about it.

And continue to think about it every day you live.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

I don’t know man, this world is fucked. Everyone needs to wake up realize what’s going on, before anything positive can happen

8:35 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

That is a really sad and eye-opening article.....thanks for sharing it. It's too bad that these stories are not more well known to people....maybe then people would realize the biggest terrorist there is the US....

12:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home