Sunday, September 17, 2006

Grounded.

Last night I had what is probably the most surreal dream I can remember having for a long while.

Me and this guy were in a car driving down some road, I was the passenger. This guy kind of reminded me of my friend James, but I don't think it was supposed to be him.

For no reason he started speeding. I looked over at the speedometer and saw he was doing 260+ KM an hour. I calmly asked if he could slow down, but at this point he started crying and yelling and literally smashing his own head into the steering wheel. I don't know what he was yelling or if they were even real words. I just can't remember.

I was terrified, and we kept on gaining speed. Eventually there was a police road block up ahead. You know, cars parked end to end and cops standing in front with guns drawn. Even though we were traveling at some sickening speed, I can remember seeing them all perfectly, dozens of cops. As we got closer they began shooting at the car. Bullets were hitting the windshield and pieces of glass and metal were flying all over. I ducked under the dash and looked up at the driver.

This is the part that really creeps me out, after the fact. I saw his face pretty much explode from gunshots and literally SPEW blood all over me. I distinctly recall how warm it felt as it covered my face. It was sickening, though I kept watching as his body got torn apart as well.

I remained ducked down as the car plowed into what I guess was the road block. I remember feeling very, very dizzy and disoriented but there was little actual impact or noise. It was just kind of like I blacked out.

Then I recall crawling out of the overturned car, at which point everything around me, including the highway was on fire. It was just blackness and flames all around me. The flames felt close, but looked far enough away. Like a long zoomed out shot in a movie.

And so I woke up. Then I went pee. Then I went back to bed.

That night when I was up for good, I started remembering it and I actually said to myself "holy fuck" as I recalled the details.

Fun stuff, kids.

In other news I finished the novel "Jpod" also by Douglas Coupland. It was amusing and funny and full of nerd humour (It is about a group of game designers and how fucked up their lives are.) A nice light read if I do say so myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow..that sounds like quite some dream. To be able to feel the warmth of the blood, and recall so many of the details so clearly is amazing.

4:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home