Wednesday, September 20, 2006

mmmhhmmm

I watched some pretty awesome films these past few days so I felt it necessary to do some quick reviews.

The Proposition
I'm not huge on western, but this is one of the best films I've seen in a while. Guy Pearce is awesome. It's about a guy who has to track down and kill his older, lunatic brother in order to save his younger brother from being executed.

It's not an all out action movie, but it has so much atmosphere and is so brilliantly shot that I enjoyed the bejesus out of it.

If you are at all interested in westerns you need to see it.

Hard Candy
I'd wanted to see this for a while after I heard all the buzz it was getting. It's about a guy who meets a underage girl on the internet. They meet up in real life and go back to his place and shit hits the mother fucking fan.
She ends up drugging him and finding out he's a pedophile connected with a local girls disappearance... And the tables turn my friends, oh my god do they turn. I'd describe it as intense, disturbing and awesomely acted.

If you are at all interested in underage teens you need to see it.

Urbania
Basically a movie about loneliness, loss and grief and what it can do to a person. Kind of confusing in the beginning as it deals with urban legends for some reason.
Also the main character is gay which was weird only because I didn't really know what I was getting into, so the story also deals with gay people and homophobes and REVENGE. It has a great ending. Very Powerful.

If you are at all interested in gay men you need to see it.

See what I did there!?

Seriously though, all awesome films.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

They all sound interesting to me! So I guess that means I'm a Western loving gay pedofile.

10:21 a.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

I watched hard candy before I left. That is one fucked up movie...loved it. I couldn't believe the shit she did to him although he deserved it.

7:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home