Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Running.

So, I've recently started running (again) and this time actually feel pretty into it.

I went out and bought some proper running shoes (which are like running on clouds) and they make a huuuge difference in how it feels.

I've never owned any Nike products before in my life, but upon trying on a bunch of shoes and reading some info I put aside my "fuck Nike products" stance and settled on the LunarGlide 2:



So fucking comfy

I also started reading about this Nike+ shit they have and it sounded like an awesome way to track progress/get inspired so I picked up a Nike Sportband which also comes with a sensor you put in your shoe in a little slot under the liner.
+



The thing is cool because it tracks your distance, calories burned, pace...and something else I forget at the moment.

Remove the little unit from the band itself and plug it into a usb port on your computer and it uploads all your run data automatically and then shows you a cool chart.

Totally unnecessary for running, I know, but honestly, something like this goes a long way for inspiring me to get off my ass. I love tracking progress, setting goals and just having a visual to look at after a run. It's a genius product in its own right.

Technological shit aside, I've found running to be real therapeutic in a way. I swear, I hit my wall pretty early on (I am out of shape. I know this.) but forcing yourself to keep going is such a great feeling because eventually, that feeling of "jesus christ, I'm going to fucking fall over and die" fades away and you get a real good jolt of energy and then feel like you can go for as long as you want.

I take it easy and have just tried to go a bit further every day, it's amazing how fucking sore I was after the first few days. It was near impossible to climb some steps. But once again, force yourself to run some more and I guess your body just gets used to it, because I still feel it in my legs, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was.

It's all about just wanting to feel a bit better and more fit. I've always thought about joining a gym or something, but realized all I truly like to do is run or bike and why pay money to run on a treadmill or something when I can do it for real and get some glorious fresh air while I am at it?

I haven't really started any diet as of yet, but I plan on cutting back certain things in my life, certainly. I'll just never cut anything out completely. Fuck that.


Short version of this post: I love running.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm glad you've found another therapeutic outlet to go along with biking. :)

Also that you bought a pair of appropriate shoes, I was a little concerned, hehe. They suit.

Hooray!

4:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home