Saturday, July 31, 2010

I'd hit it.

I'm gonna be perfectly honest, I'm a Zack Snyder supporter.

It's odd to me how everyone had their dicks out for 300 when it was released, as well as the Watchmen.

Now, it's popular to hate this guy for whatever reason.

While both were good films, there was no way to live up to the hype and unrealistic expectations of comic book fanboys.

He also directed the Dawn of the Dead remake which is actually a pretty damn good take on THE best zombie film of all time, and that's saying something.

Some would have you believe he's worse than Michael Bay (style over substance) but I don't buy that at all. this guy sticks to source material while creating scenes that have a visual style that is pretty much unrivaled. Dude knows what he's about and runs with it, unlike Michael Bay who'd love to sell you a Transformers movie as an Oscar contender.

If nothing else, the films he directs are FUN and pleasing on the eyes and sometimes that's all I ask for. Seriously. I enjoy an epic emotional film probably more than anyone on the planet, but there's nothing wrong with watching some crazy shit and just saying "hey, that's awesome" every now and again.

And so, watch the new trailer for Sucker Punch and tell me it doesn't look FUN in a totally ridiculous way:



If you truly find nothing appealing about it, you're probably just insane or Roger Ebert.

Hot girls in ridiculously hot costumes, robots, swords, guns, robots with guns, dragons, nazis, hot girls in costumes with swords and guns fighting robots and nazis, COME ON!



Count me in for one, motherfuckers.

PS. Still throwing around the idea of a movie site/blog to place things such as this, but fuck, am I LAZY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home