Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Vroom

Ever since I got a bike (and long before that, really) I've always thought about recording footage just for the hell of it.

So a little while ago I ordered a GoPro HD hero camera to mess around with.





It's a compact, pretty rugged feeling camera capable of shooting 1080P widescreen video, which sort of blows my mind everytime I hold it in my hands.

I got a package that came with a shitload of mounts. You can put them all together and make filming in pretty much any sort of angle possible. I've got a handlebar mount on the way, which will make it easier to get straight forward footage.

But today I thought it'd be cool to try something different and used the suction cup mount ON THE MIRROR and it looked like this:




the results?

Watchable but pretty shakey at times. Mostly cause the mirrors are actually pretty "loose" and vibrate more than they should, but still kinda cool looking, I thought. I guess the effect would be cooler on some real twisty roads, but all I did was go for a five minute burn.

The audio was also shit, mainly because I left it in the waterproof housing (shown above) and didn't put it in the regular one, so instead of listening to the annoying sounds, I added the first song that popped up.

Also, I used windows movie maker and pretty much lost all the video quality in the process, which is okay because my internet has been shit lately and there's no way I could upload 500 megs of movie right now. So, really that video doesn't do the camera and justice whatsoever.

Anyway, I'll be messing around with it some more and seeing how I can put it to use and shall upload a higher quality version of something, just as soon as I get some speeds that ARE BETTER THAN FUCKING DIALUP.

D out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

No words for it.

12:34 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

That is fucking awesome!!! i want you to start a bike blog and posts full ride videos multiple angles, hours in length. Ill be your number one fan.

9:45 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

That looks great!

7:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home