Sunday, May 23, 2010

And now, the trifecta



I finished off Alan Wake a few days ago. It ranks somewhere between "fucking awesome and fucking great" to me. Awesome writing and combat and tons and tons of atmosphere and mood. Loved it. Ending is totally "what the fuck?" but I wouldn't have it any other way. Keeps you guessing all the way.

I got Red Dead Redemption on the same day (last Tuesday) and while it has taken a back seat to Alan Wake since then, I am now ready to really sink my teeth into it, and so far it's Grand Theft Auto 4 in a western setting (note: this automatically makes it 10 times more awesome) but of course it has a lot of new shit added as well. I love Westerns and I love games with a strong story. Mix the two and it's a big ass slice of awesome.

I grabbed Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the morning after work. Me and some other guy who was there to get it had to make those Wal Mart bastards get it out of the back, but it was worth the wait. I think I am about 6 stars in and it's already incredible. Made of pure magic. I'm sure I'll have more to say about it in a day or two when I really get into it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Yesterday we had Super Mario Galaxy going for 9 hours straight, god i love that game.

7:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home