Wednesday, April 28, 2010

ok go.

Well I haven't updated in a bit and figured I'd bang something out.

Then I realized I have zero to say, so maybe I'll just tell you that if you own a Wii, you should purchase Monster Hunter 3 because it's awesome fun.




It's not an MMO, but many aspects of it feel very much like one (collecting materials, mining, skinning, fishing, crafting armor/weapons) mixed with something like an action RPG such as Phantasy Star Online.

The emphasis is on encounters with big ass bosses that take a lot of time and team work to take down, which is cool. Not just smashing random buttons at the right time like MMO's have you do.

I also like that there's no levelling up. The way you get stronger is strictly by creating better armor/weapon sets and by actually getting more skilled at the game and its many monsters.

I haven't even hopped online yet, because the learning curve is a bit steep and I've just been playing the offline story mode to get used to everything, but it's pretty amazing that such a game is even on the Wii, and pulled off as nicely as it is. Supports voice chat as well as USB keyboards, so that's a plus.

I don't play online much on my Wii, but I plan on really getting into this, so you assholes should consider buying it.

Also, you can get a bundle that includes the Classic Controller PRO, which is about one million times more comfortable than the original classic controller. Truly.



In other news, fucking ALAN WAKE comes out in May FINALLY. I have seriously been waiting five fucking years to play this game.

Please, please, PLEASE don't suck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Alan Wake is going to be so amazing. It sounds like it'll be impossible for it to fail.

Yay, update :)

7:10 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

I am pleased by Alan Wake, as a concept. I'd love to play it when it comes out.

It can't possibly disappoint me more than Splinter Cell: Conviction, so my bar's already as low as it can go. Bring it on, I say.

9:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home