Sunday, February 21, 2010

Shitday

So yesterday was my birthday. Like most things in life, I care less and less about it each year.

I had been feeling like crap the past 5-6 days and so I went to the doctor in the morning for a walk in.

What has been bothering me was first just generaly feeling like ass, and then a day later it was my chest feeling like...well, I can't even really describe it. Just a strange pain that makes me incredibly uncomfortable no matter the position I'm in.

So I eventually decided to visit the good doctor and they did an ECG on me right there just to check my heart.

He came back eventually with an odd look on his face and said "I'm not too happy with this and I think you should go to the ER right away and have some more tests done" which isn't exactly what I wanted to hear, but whatever.

I did just that and anyone who's ever been to the ER knows what a debacle it often is.

Long story short they did another ECG which prompted them to ask if there had been any chance I'd done cocaine that day (which i guess, really, is just a question they have to ask when the heart is in question) but after waiting for the doctor there to explain the results he eventually said that there was nothing there truly out of whack.

Then a nurse (who was seriously crazy and hilarious) stuck an IV in me and took some blood, which I could feel dripping down my arm (she called it "juicy")

When I asked why I really needed an IV stuck in my arm she told me it was in case I wanted any morphine for a birthday present. I thought about asking for some.

Then I was sent for an X-ray and had to wait some more.

Everything apparently checked out fine and I was told I have no infections or serious problems like blod clots and that he thinks it's more that the chest muscles/area is inflammed for whatever reason and that's likely what is bothering me.

He explained it's probably much like when you get really sore when you have the flu...but I know what sore flu muscles feel like and this...feels different. Then again I can't say I've ever really had sore muscles in my chest, so it very well could be.

All I can say is that it seriously is not pleasant in the least and I am thankful that it seems to come and go instead of being with my constantly or else...I don't think I'd ever be able to sleep.

I got two extra nights off work because he wanted me to really take it easy and see how I feel in a few days, so I guess that's the one good part. It does seem to be bothering me less frequently today, so thank christ.

Other than that it was a good enough day I guess.

Oh, previously mentioned crazy nurse and another slightly less crazy one brought me some cake and sang to me as I sat there in one of those moronic hospital gowns, so it was kind of extra embarrasing. Nice.

Happy birthday indeed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Haha..as you already know, this entry was hilarious.

That sounds like the best nurse ever.

Juicy blood drippin' down your arm.

I hate those hospital gowns.

7:58 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Fuck man, were falling apart....

9:43 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

We'll rebuild.

Better. Faster. Stronger.

11:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home