Monday, January 25, 2010

Random topics, GO

You know what I hate most about winter? my skin being so dry that it cracks and bleeds without me even touching it.

Same goes for the nose bleeds that plague me. so far it's been better than most years, but I can recall sitting and having it bleed for over an hour at a time, a few times a week.

A while ago I ordered some Saddle bags for my bike and I got them last week.





I did a decent amount of research, and really wanted something cheap but durable, easy to strap on/remove and also not too bulky.

So I was pointed to these bad boys made for sport touring bikes and for the awesome price I found them for on Ebay, I grabbed them.

I don't need anything too bulky and just wanted a bit of extra room to store maybe a change of clothes/jacket as well as water/food, netbook and tool kit just in case.

I plan on going some greater distances this summer (whether I get a new bike or not) and don't want to wear a backback while doing so. To work and around town it is fine, but for riding more than an hour at a time, it gets irritating.

But I'm also not gonna go TOO far, so I don't feel the need for a tankbag/hard shelled panniers or anything of that nature. Plus, I don't have the cash for them even if I did.

These are awesome looking, but $1700 is too rich for my blood.

The American Dollar is an awesome band with a terrible name, but I suggest people check 'em out if they like ambient/post rock whatever the fuck you want to classify it as.





I suggest doing the right thing and downloading all six of their albums for $30 If your taste is remotely similar to mine, you probably won't be let down and that is a fucking awesome and fair deal as far as prices or music go.

Awesome shit.

One more for the road: (and a video that doesn't suck)



Time to sit on my ass and play some video games.

6 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Anything by Corbin are supposedly awesome.

I picked up a new set of saddle bags for my bike too, leather ones. Still not sure about putting them on though pretty much have to remodel the whole back cause the guy who put mine on originally was an idiot.

That video was pretty cool, downloading as i write this. Im really digging that song Geoff wrote about it right now.

7:19 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Also,

we should trade our bikes in and get two of these bad boys and hit the road.

Oh momma

7:26 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

I don't think I'd ever buy a Harley. They just don't do anything for me.

You should get one though!

Also you should but your leather saddle bags on, those things look ace on that type of bike.

Are your current ones connected to a metal rack that is attached to the frame of your bike?

that's part of the reason I don't want any hard luggage on mine, you have to install that rack, which I just wouldn't want to do.

11:22 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Yeah, im kind of that way about sport bikes they're sleak, but i dont want one.

I like the bigger bikes but not the massive touring ones that come complete with a NASA shuttle control room.

My current bags are aftermarket bags what i have on there right now, and the way its designed if i take them off my back fender pretty much falls off aswell as part of the suspension brackets. Weird.

If i get time this summer i'm going to tear it down and rebuild the back end myself and put on those leather bad boys.

8:50 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

I am like this:

I love sport bike styling and handling, but dislike how most of the super sport bikes have the real low stance and nonexistant handle bars.

I'm not on a racetrack and therefor don't feel the need to crouch that low.

Which is why I like sport bikes with more upright handlebars like mine and al "sport touring" bikes. Perfect blend, to me.

I'd actually LOVE to try a Harley at least once in my life, but could never justify spending 20+ grand on one.

I think you pay a lot of the money for the name alone, and I don't dig that.

Getting an old beat up one for cheap would be awesome though.

7:12 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I am very pro you getting an old beat up Harley!

12:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home