Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

If 2009 were a person I would have severed all ties with it a long time ago due to the way it has treated me and the people I know.

I also probably would have punched 2009 square in the face if it were possible.

As it stands, I'll just be content to let it fade away like the years before it.

New Years even means nothing to me, as such I will be working and not caring. That's life.

I was sort of in the mood to write up a long and pointless edition of my year end awards shit, but I don't know if I am now.

I'm gonna try though:

Best Film: An extremely close tie between District 9 and Moon. I could not pick one over the other and will not even debate it further. Both films will be favourites of mine for as long as I live.

EDIT: Oh shit, and The Road. Goddamn!


"I'm on the moon and I am sad" :(

Best Album: Usually it's hard to try and recall all the stuff I've listened to, but in this case it doesn't matter because "The ressurectionists/Night Raider" by Crippled Black Phoenix tops the list easily. A double album that is solid the entire way though and an incredible experience everytime.

Best Wii game: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories edges out Little King's Story and Muramasa, but just barely...and perhaps only because I have not finished the other two...regardless, I have a lot to say about the game that I won't get into here, but it was a far, far better experience than I was expecting.


They mostly come out at night...mostly.

Best Xbox 360 game: I cannot really recall any 360 only games that I played. I know there were some, but I'm drawing a blank. I guess Batman Arkham Asylum would get a vote as would Modern Warfare 2 and Borderlands, though I don't particularly feel as blown away by the last two as I expected. Still solid experiences.

Best PC game: Again, I'm drawing a blank so I'll just throw out some games I've enjoyed such as Fallen Earth, Machinarium and Left 4 dead 2. Shit, you know what, I might have to give the award to Torchlight for being more like Diablo than Diablo itself. And for costing me only $10.


seriously.



Best Game nobody played: Anything resembling a REAL GAME on the Wii. People bitch and complain that it's not a gamers system, but pass up so many awesome experiences that it boggles my mind.

biggest things I didn't "get" in 2009:

- Lady Gaga: this creature has produced some of the most annoying and awful music I've ever heard, but is so immensely popular for some reason and I DON'T GET IT. People try and tell me it is because she/he is innovative but why? because she dresses like she's mentally retarded? fuck that shit. Terrible, awful music and makes me realize people are morons.

my nightmares are made of things like this



- Reality TV/shows about singers/dancers/celebrites: All your American Idols and dancing with the stars bullshit. Fuck off already, people. Jesus fucking christ, I weep for humanity.


You know what? I planned to go on and on with really random things from this point just to annoy people, but I've lost interest. So let's leave it at awards for trivial things like games and movies as well as stuff that I hate.

I don't do resolutions anymore and if I did I probably wouldn't share them here.

Fuck you, 2009.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah...let me say, I'm glad this year is coming to a close.

Ha, the word verification is mantype.

12:49 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

ha lady gaga....can't believe trevor stuck that cd in my van and got it stuck!!!!! I'm glad your 09 is over too!

3:13 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Lady gaga is sack of shit. Hope your 10 is way better. 10 is the year of the bike trips, WORD!

3:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home