Thursday, January 07, 2010

Random stuff.

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION:

To make every damn thing glow an eerie blue





Before some faggy debate starts, it did not cost me one million dollars like my mouse (though it is the same company). I got it during a boxing day sale (online) because I'd wanted a wired keyboard for some time.

My Logitech one, while great, has been acting up a lot lately. Random keys would get "stuck" and go crazy for 15 seconds at a time. Obviously it wasn't the actual keys, rather the bluetooth going wonky. I can live with a wired keyboard, but never a mouse.

Anyway, I am typing up this post mainly to really give it a go and see how I like it.

What's odd is that every time I get a new keyboard I go through a phase of "yuck, this thing feels so odd" but then eventually get used to it and love it. Same goes for this one. but I'm already enjoying it and the satisfying click sound it makes.

It's backlit, as the picture obviously tries to show and has a black "mirror" finish, both features I don't really give a shit about. Black shiny things are fingerprint and smudge magnets and it seems kind of odd having it on a KEYBOARD, but it does look damn cool and I've never cared before, so whatever.

In other news, yesterday my facebook account was disabled and I got an email saying that it may have been hijacked by "cyber criminals" looking to scam friends and so on.

What is strange to me is exactly how they came across that conclusion, being that nothing had been changed and I was logged on and hour before they locked it down.

Anyway, I honestly found myself not giving a shit. I've thought about deleting my account a few times anyway, just because the site is so...pointless to me.

I didn't miss it at all during the 6 or so hours where it didn't exist.

Regardless, I followed their steps to get it back and all is good. I will now resume updating my status and other inane things.

I don't quite understand the desire to hack facebook accounts (or whatever the fuck they do) but I suppose that's just how the internet is. Robots and weirdos EVERYWHERE.

I changed my email password as well, since they suggested I do so. That's something that should have been done a while ago, since it's been the same one word password since 1999.

Final thought: you know what's a shitty movie? This one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I could have told you that's a shitty movie without even seeing it. Ummm I know you probably don't care but I've gotten those emails from facebook and they are fake just looking for your information. They tell me I've been hacked although I haven't and my account is fine, just trying to take me through some phishing site. Weird...

12:44 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

PS I like the new year's resolution.

12:45 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

I knew it would be shitty as well, but it isn't like I paid to watch it or anything, so I gave it a shot. I'll watch anything once.

Also I at first thought the email was fake but my account actually WAS suspended and all it said was to change my email password just in case that's how someone got control of my facebook account and to provide the answer to my secret question or whatever.

then they replied back with a link that I used to reset my facebook password.

If it had asked for all my info and shit I would have known it was bullshit, or just told them to fuck off anyway.

1:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home