Thursday, February 04, 2010

Good and bad.

The Good



I've always adored film scores. The epicness and mood are often on a whole different level than most bands. I think this is why in my life I've gravitated toward instrumental/post rock/ambient stuff. It's as similar in feeling as you can get, I think.

Anyway, you know what is mindbogglingly good? The score for the road. It's sad and beautiful and aggressive and AWESOME.

Between this and the score for The Proposition, it's become apparent to me that Nick Cave and Warren Ellis are super-beings.

The Bad




So, this piece of shit had been freezing randomly for a few weeks, at work the other night it froze, I reset it and this time it didn't load up all the way, so i got pissed and just let the battery die on while it sat on a blank screen. I also tossed it, which caused the metal bit on the top to pop off (it was satisfying)

So I got home, found out how to put it in recovery mode, which deletes everything and reinstalls the firmware. It worked but got stuck on the "updating" screen. I removed it anyway and it seemed to work.

Then I started syncing all my stuff back on. It froze at 20% and gave me an error that the device was unresponsive.

So, obviously I'm thinking in the back of my head that it isn't a software issue and probably a dead hard drive, but to be sure I repeated the entire process mentioned above, probably 7-10 times. Sometimes it told me there wasn't enough space on it to install firmware, even though the recovery mode DELETES everything, which made it even more obvious that the hard drive was probably shot.

Anyway, fuck the Zune. It's now laying face down on my floor somewhere.

Why does it seem like all electronics not made by Nintendo are designed with a limited lifespan? Why can't things just work?

Oh, right. Money.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Yes, money. How will the companies that SELL the shit continue to make money if their products actually last?

7:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home