Monday, February 01, 2010

Games post.

My gaming habbits, as I've gotten older have changed, when I was younger I could sit in front of the TV for hours upon hours at a time and just play games all day.

These days, I still love games as much as I ever did, but I tend to play in real short bursts of like 20 minutes or so.

HOWEVER, I am writing this post to say that in the month of January, I've been gaming my mother fuckin head off.

It started with Darksiders, a game which I rented and didn't think I'd end up enjoying as much as I did. You play as War, one of the four horseman of the apocalypse and end up killing plenty of angels and demons on some badass epic quest.


It starts off feeling like every other flashy action game, but quickly becomes obvious that the developers borrowed so much from the Zelda games that it feels like a more badass Ocarina of time during its best moments. I was super impressed considering I hadn't expected much at all.

I think I played it like 6 hours straight one day, which is crazy.

I finished it just in time to purchase No More Heroes 2, a sequel to one of the best and most original games on the Wii, that none of you assholes played.


This game continues the story of Travis Touchdown, a loveable (to me) nerd, who longs to be the ultimate badass and uses his beam katana to fight various assassins so he can move up the rankings in order to be the undisputed number one.

Seriously.

This time you start back at rank 50, and it improves upon pretty much everything in the first game, introduces even more batshit insane boss characters and experiences and features enough partial nudity,over the top gore and swearing to satisfy even ME.

Truly one of the most crazy games I've ever played (as was the original) and worth looking at for that alone.

Suda51 is truly an artistic/insane genius and fuck anyone who says otherwise. Incredible game.

And when I finished THAT game, I moved on to Mass Effect 2, another sequel to one of my favourite games.

I am currently knee deep in this one and loving it even more than the first. Some of extra RPG bits have been stripped away, but the other improvements make up for it and it is seriously one of the most engaging games I have ever played. The character interactions are astounding.

God Bless Bioware.

And that, friends, is all I've been doing lately.

I feel like a kid again, and I fucking love it.

Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna get back to it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

I just about shat myself when they introduced Miranda as one of the first members of your party.

A genetically engineered super-babe (who might also be a bit of a bitch)?

Sign me up.

4:12 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Yeah man, seriously. Her Ass. I could not stop looking.

10:11 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

She was all like "Commander Shepard?"

and I was like

"DAAAAAYUMN BITCH!"

2:50 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

haha...you guys are just as bad as us women sometimes.

5:42 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home