Monday, May 03, 2010

Wide open.

Today I mounted up my GPS on the bike to see how it'd sit/work out. I used a $10 camera/Garmin mount I got off ebay and it seems to do the job. The cradle that the GPS sits in came with the unit itself and is meant for cars, so I'm not sure how sturdy it'll be on the open road, but it feels pretty good, so I'll give it a go and if someone catches a Nuvi bouncing down the highway, well, blame me.


Where to? nowhere, because it's fucking raining/snowing.


Then I tried out the saddle bags finally, they seem to fit quite well even by default. I was too lazy to hook it all up to the frame completely, but it's relatively easy once you tighten all the straps and would be easy to take off because you can just unclip and leave the straps, which is real nice.

The hardest part was getting the plastic "stiffeners" into the bottom of the actual bags. Jesus Christ. Never again.


TOURING MACHINE.

Seems to be a decent bit of room in them as well. Certainly enough for the necessitates for a short/medium road trip, I'd say. I'm not gonna fit a tent in there or anything...actually, I'm sure I could manage somehow.


This is what it looks like when you are too lazy to try and rig the straps under the seat.

I did this all in the garage on a miserable day where rain is dribbling down and you can feel that cold really creeping in. There's a winter storm warning for tonight, which bothers me not because I don't expect it (so spare me the "this is Alberta/Canada" bullshit) but because, fuck snow. Fuck rain while we're at it, too.


1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Pretty awesome man, i've been thinking when we go camping maybe we should do it on bikes. Pretty sure someone can follow behind in a car with the gear and whatnot, that would be ace.

7:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home