Thursday, July 15, 2010

STJ10 update: WESTLOCK





I've been to Westlock many times. Always as a kid. We passed through it on the way to our little family summer vacation thing.

I decided to go back just because.

Felt a lot more epic than I thought it would. Partly because it's one lane in either direction and I got stuck behind these big ass trucks who do 95 (which is fine) and then when you get the right moment to pass them, they SPEED UP (which is not fine) and I am not exaggerating, I was behind one doing 95, so I backed off, took a look and then went to pass and by the time I was in front of the dude I was doing 156 because I HAD to, or ram headfirst into the vehicle coming toward me in the other lane.

That happened twice. Fucking idiots. What's the point?

I was going to stop in at the CANADIAN TRACTOR MUSEUM but it looked closed down/quarantined and I didn't stop to find out why.

Instead I stopped at Sobeys and bought a Gartorade from a ridiculously cute girl and then sat in the parking lot and drank it before I headed back out into a storm.

I think this was my first time riding in a real downpour. It wasn't so bad. Kind of exciting actually. The wind that comes with storms is the shitty part.

Also my speedometer stopped working on the way back, so I had to pull over and fix it in the rain. The cable had come loose, which I don't understand since it screws in tighter than fuck. Maybe someone in Westlock sabotaged me.

Or maybe it was loose-ish all along and finally came undone. Kind of annoying but easy enough to fix and all seems well.

I planned on taking my time on the return trip and stopping at a bunch of the smaller towns just a little out of the way, but it was shitty out so I just hauled ass instead.

Good ride though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I bet you were sabotaged by the ridiculously cute girl's boyfriend.

4:16 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

yeah right pal. All i did was purchase a beverage.

2:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home