Friday, March 02, 2007

bacon fat.

Health update:

My Bone scan was apparently all clear and "normal". So that is good. Frustrating in some ways, but good.

I was told that they could go ahead and do some other tests, and could continue testing me until "there's nothing left" of me, but the doctor advised me to more or less just deal with it and hope that it gets better. If it changes/gets worse I'm supposed to go back and probably get something else done.

He told me a story about a woman who basically felt like crap for a long time She had hundreds of tests done and they could never find out what was wrong with her. TEN years later she was tested for some kind of arthritis (again) and it finally showed up. She was given treatment/medications and was fine after that.

His point was, of course that things can go wrong with the human body and sometimes it's very hard to pin down what the problem is, and that I might not be in the best shape, but I am healthy enough from what the tests show.

Still, three months of feeling like shit is plenty enough for me, and if I don't feel better soon I'm gonna lose it. I'll seriously just keep going back and bothering them about it.

my "family" doctor, the one I usually see is back from wherever he was, so I might check in with him in a week or so and see what HE thinks because he actually listens.

In other news I got my new drivers licence and I am amazed at how much hair I have. I never realized for some reason. I'm beginning to look quite shaggy, even the people at work (old bags mostly) like to bug me about it.

I maintain, though, that it is my tribute to Ryan Smyth. Now that he's gone to New york, someones gotta sport the hockey mullet, so here I am. Once summer hits though, man. I dunno. I might take it all off.

Oh speaking of hockey, the Oilers aren't going to make the playoffs and that kind of blows, but they really don't deserve it anyway. The last three or four games I've watched have been horrid, and all through the season they've been dropping key games.

That team seriously needs to be re-built in the off season and ready to kick ass in October or else it's gonna be the same thing all over again.

That's your sports update, now over to Mike Sobel with the weather.

4 Comments:

Blogger ryan said...

told you.

it's cause you miss me.

12:54 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

And me.

:(



I hope things turn around for you soon.

1:02 a.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

definitely go to a doc that'll listen. Fuck...10 years? that is ridiculous. Hope you're feeling more like yourself soon. How shaggy is it anyway? lol

10:54 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

well thats shitty, i mean what do they have to do to find out whats wrong, drill a hole into your spinal cord or something?

I guess as long as they cleared you of all the major death inducing ailments, like cancer and what not, its a good sign.

Well i hope you start feeling better soon, fishing season is just around the corner, not to mention camping ;)

8:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home