Friday, December 15, 2006

I can't be the only one...

Who isn't feeling the whole "holiday cheer" bullshit this year.

I mean, There are 10 days until Christmas and it doesn't even feel like December to me. Throughout the years my feelings for the holiday have lessened every year, but there's usually something that pulls me in and makes me say "hey, Christmas time. Cool" But I'm not feeling it.

We don't have any lights or decorations up. We don't even have our tree up. Nobody really seems to care or mind.

On top of that I have done absolutely no shopping. I just don't care. My family never made it very easy, though, as everyone was/is late writing lists or letting me know what they want. (I am not the type of person who just buys people things. I hate, HATE when somebody tells me to just figure something out. That's bullshit.)

I don't really mind feeling this way, though. I never really thought of Christmas as all that big a deal. But I still enjoy it for what it is, and the memories I have when I was younger.

Like I said though, it's getting worse every year. Complete and utter indifference is killing it.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to head out sooner or later and buy people stuff they don't really want.

Fun.

Perhaps on Christmas eve when I'm with my extended family at my grandma's place it will finally hit me.

Or maybe I'll just see it as an excuse to eat delicious turkey and perogies (God bless our Ukrainian heritage).

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

yeah..I was actually really excited this year for it. Probably because it's in a new house. We're going to decorate the REAL tree tonight.

I finially finished my cards last night, but now I have to wait until..tomorrow, I guess, to send them. Or Monday. Annoying. Stupid wind.

Ukranian heritage is gooooood.
Perogies are gooooood.

We're just having...frozen food or something, I bet.

1:25 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Same with us/me, i just couldnt care really. No lights, not tree no nothing yet. Maybe once we get to jasper for the festive season, it might hit.
Right now its all meh, the crowds, the people the forcing yourself to be extra nice.

7:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home