Friday, January 12, 2007

Winter nights.

Well sir.

Two Chest X-rays and two blood tests later, all for no reason, I think (fingers crossed) I am officially on the road to feeling better. Then again, last week I had a few good days only to sink right down to the bottom on my days off from work.

Anyway. I hope. Because for the past three weeks or whatever I've felt like something far less than alive, but just slightly above dead.

I have a dentist appointment on Wednesday, my first in a long, long time. As I told Stephanie I'm kind of treating this as a opportunity to get myself all checked out and patched up if possible. I think I'll be getting my eyes looked at sometime this week as well.

I'm also trying to eat better/more/healthier. I don't mean I'm going all health food crazy...But looking at my usual diet would be enough to scare most people and so I've taken to just making an active effort to be more considerate to myself.

On top of all that, I feel that working nights isn't exactly helping anything either. I've heard so much about how it can fuck with people and actually take years away from lives, so after I get my $1000 bonus I think I'll be cutting loose. Finally.

I have no idea what I'll be doing after that. It really doesn't matter at this point. I just need a change. Maybe I'll save the money I make from here until then and finally take a real vacation to somewhere far, far away from all of this and figure it out when I get back.

In other news a few weeks ago I was trying to use my debit card and got some strange message at not one but three ATM machines. I eventually phoned the bank and was told that my card had been swiped through one of those card copiers and that my card may or may not have actually been duplicated, so as a security measure they froze the account.

That's all fine and dandy, and in the end probably saved me having my money stolen, but I had to go and get a new card with a new number and that was a bit of a hassle. I guess I'm lucky the cops actually check those things when they find them and alert the banks of which account numbers were potentially stolen. None of my money was gone.

Dirty bastards. I'll stick to using cash whenever possible I guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm glad you're working toward taking better care of yourself.

Yourself matters a whole lot to me too, and I want to have you around as long as possible! hehe

I think an honest to God vacation could do you a lot of good.

7:24 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Chest x rays, blood tests, jesus, what the hell Stephanie told me you just had the flu. Not that you might be on your deathbed.

Not to mention the last time i saw you, you looked like death.

Your getting better right????

In other news a vacation would most likely do you some good. You should just pack up and head to Hawaii or something, find some hot Island girl get married, leave superstore and all this shit behind you. I wish i could take some of my own advice.

6:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home