Sunday, February 11, 2007

junk

Well, I'm not much of an anime fan. I sort of dug it at one time, but grew tired of trying to sort out the awful from the good.

There's so much crap like Dragonball that it really wasn't worth it to me.

Last week I purchased Ergo Proxy. I had remembered hearing about it somewhere and so just grabbed it and took a chance.

Holy fucking shit though, I just watched four episodes of what is probably the greatest animated series ever. It's like a mix of Blade Runner, Mad Max and some other futuristic movie together in one orgy of goodness.

Basically it takes place in a futuristic city built up after an Apocalypse, there are crimes and killing being committed by robots infected with some virus. And also there's some creepy looking monster who seems to be controlling it all. It's about one woman who is trying to get to the bottom of it, but gets caught up in what is some kind of government conspiracy. Oh yeah and she's hot.



The Art style is amazing (reason enough to watch this) and the soundtrack is just as good.

Anyone looking for something cool and different should look into it. Unless you're the type that can't get over the fact that you are watching a cartoon, in that case, go fuck yourself.

Also for anybody that liked Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind, do yourself a favour and rent/buy The Science of sleep by the same director because it is equally as awesome and imaginative. It's about a guy who really can't tell the difference from his dreams and real life, and they seem to get all mixed up, then he meets a girl and they get even more mixed up.

It's one of those films that touches on all emotions. I love those.

Bonus badass wallpaper:



Now that's a money shot, kids.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

That IS an awesome shot. The only anime I've ever watched was Cowboy Bebop and I REALLY enjoyed it. I don't mind the animation thing as long as they're not bursting into song every fucking five minutes.

You're such a bastard. I WANT TO SEE THAT MOVIE. :(

I bet it'll never happen. (For weeks.)

You should send me your copy!! MMHMM!!

12:25 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Looks to be a high quality cut there D.

I've seen some pretty good anime's myself, but I can't recall any names of them right now.

That one looks razor sharp. I may have to pick it up.

9:38 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I just realized I called you a bastard on here and then a jerk on Ryan's MySpace and I, of course, didn't mean either! So now I feel bad and retract both.

You are lovely.

4:44 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Anime Blows, its god awful shite, for the most part anyways.

That though looks pretty cool, Plus i have a soft spot in my heart for Astroboy.

9:39 p.m.  
Blogger ryan said...

i want to put my penis inside that girl.

true story.

9:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home