Tuesday, June 28, 2011

red eyes and random shit.

hello everyone.

The past four or five days I've had the itchiest, reddest, puffiest eyes ever. I don't entirely know what it's about, but I suppose it could be all the fuzzy shit in the air. Pollen from trees and plants and whatever else it is. Often it fills the sky out here like snow.

The thing is I can't ever recall it bothering me like this. It's impossible to stop rubbing the area around my eyes once I start, and then it makes them look even worse.

sometimes I have to rub them so much the skin around my eyelids and such gets all dry and crackly. it's awful.

Other times I just try my hardest not to touch them and them I get watery, bloodshot eyes, so there is no winning.

I don't know. I'll try some allergy pills and see if it helps any, but it sure is making me feel like crap. All I want to do right now is dunk my eyes in ice cold water, and it's even worse during the day.

So I sometimes look like a strung out junkie, or like Elijah Wood in Wilfred, which is a clever segue:



I watched the premiere episode of this series and it was pretty damn good. Mostly cause there's nothing else like it.

The first 10 minutes sold me on it. Guy tries to kill himself, doesn't. Meets a talking dog. Starts changing life. Are you sold, yet? understandable either way.

I guess it's a remake of an Australian series, which I will now be tracking down and watching.

There's the whole issue of what the fuck is actually going on. Whether the dude is going crazy and hallucinating or whatever. They make it obvious that other people probably see Wilfred as a normal dog...but they don't make it THAT obvious.

So who the fuck knows, is what I am saying. And I don't care if you know. Fuck off with your spoilers.

In gaming news, Shadows of the Damned is a game created by Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil, Vanquish) and Suda51 (No more heroes, Killer 7) and it is fucking awesome and everyone should buy it.



It pretty much plays like a faster paced version of Resident Evil 4/5, mixed with some Alan Wake, and then overdosed on acid.

The story is about a guy fighting demons to get his girlfriend back, at the most basic level.

If you've played any Suda51 games before, you know the guy has a flare for the ridiculous and it is fully present in this game. The humor and over the top voice acting/action is in full effect, and it's great.

It is ridiculous and insane and a really good time (so far!)

Probably one of the most pleasant gaming surprises I've had all year. It is a travesty that it will probably be overlooked and left to die (hey, just like Vanquish!).

moving on...

LA Noire is one of the most overrated games I've played. I'm so glad I rented it despite being force fed hype and praise.

It's not awful or even bad. It's just...who cares? the first while I played it was cool to be a detective solving cases...and then every case was pretty much the same in terms of gameplay and progression so it became boring, especially considering I didn't give two shits about the story.

I am sick of Rockstar's open world games and formula. This shit is SO stale it hurts. If the next Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead or whatever it is isn't changed up significantly. I'm going to have a hard time giving a fuck about it.

Alright, I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home