Thursday, June 16, 2011

Boston wins! Vancouver classes it up!


So it's over. The better team won, and I'm glad for it. Bring on the draft, now.

I stayed up till about 2 watching live coverage of the riots. Reporters were standing in the middle of it all with a camera crew and cops on one side and rioters on the next it was pretty bonkers.

There are about a million pictures and videos that could be posted to show off how sickening it all is, but I'm too lazy. They are everywhere, you can find them.

And yes, it WAS expected, but there was still this sort of feeling that people/the city had learned from what happened in 1994, but that's obviously not true.

I frantically watched a girl take swings at people while trying (unsuccessfully) to protect her own car from getting smashed and lit on fire. Not a single person thought it a decent idea to maybe just stop.

I watched people get beat and listened to stories of stabbings and full emergency rooms.

I saw people mindlessly smashing in store windows and stealing armfulls of whatever they could carry.

I saw a dude get hit square in the nuts with what looked like a smoke grenade (and it was awesome)

No really, in this age of technology...it is everywhere. Live on CTV and CBC and all over the internet...these people are so moronic that it almost hurts my brain.

There are several websites site up already to identify people and I'm all for that.

What a disgusting night and an embarrassment, though.

I get the argument that it's not necessarily hockey/Canuck fans doing all the damage, but at the same time, it is. It takes a few morons to start some shit and then the mob mentality takes over. Add in some alcohol and you've got yourself a riot.



Fucking losers.

alright, this one is so awesomely bizzare that it needs to be posted:


3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

It gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

And I actually kind of love that last photo.

11:10 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

Yeah, as soon as the game ended I knew things were going to get crazy. As for learning from the last riot there, I'm sure a bunch of them weren't even born and wanted to relive it, because you know....that's cool. I'm laughing at all the idiots who are now being charged because everyone was filming them being morons....and I must say that part makes me laugh a little. There was a news guy actually telling a looter he was filming while the guy walked out with shit in his hands. The next day on kijiji or craigslist had a lot of expensive things up for sale! I'm sure a bunch of idiots planned to riot win or lose and came prepared.

9:12 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

You know what I am sick of hearing? how it wasn't Canucks fans or Vancouver fans doing anything illegal.

Bull fucking shit. It was so. A small number of idiots compared to those who simply walked away, but still. That's a stupid thing to say.

I've even seen the "none of the rioters were even wearing Canucks clothing!" super fucking bullshit there, too.

I can't even use it as an excuse to hate Vancouver even more than I already do, because the simple truth is that it could happen anywhere, and has. And always will.

People in general are just so fucking dumb. It is funny.

10:03 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home