Tuesday, June 07, 2011

!!

Ahhh, E3

Ahhh, new Nintendo system, The Wii U:




The Reveal video, with a look at what the controller is capable of:



With a fucking huge ass controller that sounds both insanely cool and insanely crazy. I don't know what to think as of yet.

The screen on the controller can actually stream the game from the console, so you can shut off your TV and keep playing on the six inch screen, which is pretty fucking cool, but not revolutionary.

The console itself looks sleek and simple and I love it. It can use Wii remote and every other Wii peripheral which is also sweet.

It's amazing to think we'll finally get a Nintendo console with enough power for HD graphics, that's for sure.

I imagine there will be a shitload of ports from the xbox 360/PS3 library that will fit in nicely with the thing. A bunch have already been announced including Metro: Last Light, so I am pretty excited.

Awesome third party games announced:


What was a failure though, is that Nintendo didn't really show off any games for it. There is a quick clip of a nice looking Zelda game, but nothing official.

They could have blown the roof off the place and been declared gods if they'd only showed some actual games for the thing. Wace Race or Metroid or Mario in HD? fuck me, I would have peed myself.

The possibilities are exciting, but I can't wait for more real concrete news and games and actual gameplay videos.

But the thought alone of finally getting to play all those high quality multiplatform games on a Nintendo system is great. Like the good old days.

EDIT:

also still on the Wii, new Skyward Sword trailer:



Goddamn. That music. Want.

4 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

All other games are irrelevant.

The only thing they need make is Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

They have the technology. No Gameboys required this time.

Just do it.

4:39 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Fuck, man.

I thought I was pretty much the only one who gave a shit about that game.

I have awesome memories of playing it with Ryan all night. This controller would indeed be perfect.

I have heard rumors of it existing, too. I hope it does.

4:41 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

I would still be playing it today if some cheesenut in Drayton hadn't stolen my Gameboy.

2:57 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Reggie is one sexy beast.

That Zelda isn't a game by the way, it was tech demo. Similar to the one they did for the cube.

I just about crapped my pants when i first saw link battling the spider, hopefully they will turn it into a game.

The controller looks weird and cumbersome but i dunno id still give it a go.

As long as they get some decent games out for it and not leave us waiting half year intervals to play something amazing.

The 3DS line up looks great to, time to dust it off, and prep for June 19th Zelda.

Also isn't Crystal Chronicles the one where you get a caravan and drive through light paths?

7:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home