Saturday, May 28, 2011

Almost over.

I've been watching the playoffs sporadically since they started. Impressed by many things, including the Bruins, who I actually picked to go all the way in my pool. Now, they are in the finals against Vancouver.

And I just want to say something.

I am sick and tired of people who don't care about hockey at any other time of the year, coming out of the woodwork to tell me I should rally behind the Canucks because they are Canadian and I should want them to "bring the cup back to Canada" anybody who thinks like this or has ever said this is a fucking idiot.

Sincerely. Shut the fuck up.

Why is it always people who don't know jack shit about hockey, too? is there some sort of national pride in a game played by overpaid athletes that just eludes me?

The NHL is not about countries. nobody cares about this shit in the regular season, but now all you idiots buy into the media hype and start spouting this shit and I hate it. It happens every year when a Canadian team is in the playoffs and makes any kind of run of it.

Vacouver being a team based in Canada doesn't mean jack shit. I'm not doing the math but I'm sure there are just as many Canadian born players on the Bruins. Why doesn't that factor into the brains of these stupid fucks?

I've been an Oilers fan since the day I was old enough to realize what it was I was watching on television with my mom and dad, and there's a generic sports rivalrly there between the Oilers and the Canucks which carries on for me and many fans regardless of where they are in the playoffs.

Add to that the fact that Canucks fans tend to be the most obnoxious, clueless and classless fans in the game, and it all means I'd never cheer for them. I mean really, from news reports to TSN articles, to the people I WORK with, it's insane how entitled and cocky they all act.

I hope the team loses so they can all wipe their tears with the stupid fucking "I BELIEVE" signs and wait another 40 years.

In terms of what might actually happen, it's hard to say. The Canucks have a great team, I've never said otherwise, it's everything else that I hate about them. Canadian or not.

But the Bruins are the underdogs, with a solid Defensive core. Also, Tim Thomas is an incredible goaltender who can steal games.

It will be fun to watch regardless, but I know who I'm cheering for.


PS. I mostly just want it to be over and for the regular season to start again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Man, talk about an ignorant bunch of bullshit for people to be spouting.

I hope you and all Bruins fans are given a really great game to feast your eyes upon, with the Bruins taking the Cup. That'd be awesome.

10:18 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

I agree with you, for the most part. But writing off a team because of "THE FANS" is somewhat absurd.

I wouldn't call myself a fan or even go as far as saying i really give a shit about hockey but I've watched a good majority of the canucks playoff games. News flash I enjoyed them.

Mainly because its really really good hockey!! they actually look like their playing/working their ass off for something. That to me is hockey, the adrenaline rush of scoring that goal in overtime to move them up in the series. Same for the bruins i wold assume.

Regular season is missing that. Sure it compiles into rankings but It has no real draw for me, i dont have that feeling. that's why the non hardcore fans "like myself" Kind of jump on to the end.

Call me a fan boy or whatever but I think all hockey teams are over payed athletes, up until the playoffs. Then its up to the team show off their mad skills.

I'm rooting for Vancouver, their fans maybe dinks, but their team is solid! Who ever wins, the games will be good, they cant be bad, the two best teams in the bloody league going at it.

One day the oilers will be in that place, and it will be good. one day :)

5:17 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

I'm not writing the team off, Trevor.

They have a huge chance of winning, I've never said otherwise.

The point is I just don't like them. And the fans are a huge reason. I'd love to see them all sad!

And I NEVER have liked them, that's the main point I was trying to get across, so why start cheering for them now? you know? makes no sense. It just bothers me that people think I should jump on that bandwagon.

Playoff hockey is the best hockey, I agree completely. So much energy.

Now you should use that experience and come see some fucking Oilers games with me this season!

It's all good. I just don't see how a person could only be interested in the playoffs. That's weird to me.

12:31 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

we should definitely go see some games. It seems every year that goes by i become more of a fan of the game.

I will always root Oilers.

Watching the bruins and canucks tonight, holy shit they are two great times. Already looking forward to the next game.

9:04 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

I hope the Canucks win....not because I'm some closet fan but because growing up that was all that was talked about (how great they are). I'll admit that when they won this last round it made me happy, I dunno why, maybe there is some deep part of me that actually gives a shit. I have been to a few games over the years and I do enjoy them (way better than watching on tv, where my add gets away from me and I can't sit and watch it).

7:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home