Wednesday, January 12, 2011

something something can't sleep.

Right now I feel like I should have capitalized on my lack of energy an hour ago, because I've just got myself an unwanted second wind, and probably couldn't sleep if my life depended on it.

So I am sitting here, mostly just thinking.

Hours are getting cut at work, and I'm stuck working four hour shifts, four days a week. Hours always seem to get chopped this time of year, but it has never been this dumb. It doesn't make much sense to me, considering what a terrible state that store is in, you'd think they'd take the hit and actually want more people there to, you know, actually make it look half decent, but no...They are content with saving money by not offering the time, so what can I do?

I'm glad I have no real allegiance to the place. Yes, I've worked there long enough, but that actually doesn't mean anything. If I found a better job, I'd walk away easily enough. The thing is I don't often look, and truly, $26 or so an hour for doing what I do is pretty good.

The reason I even bring up work is that one of my "resolutions" is to pay off my debts as agressively as possible, and working shit hours makes that tough, obviously.

I've been doing okay so far, pretty much just by being a cheapskate for once in my life and also the fact that I've been pretty much doing nothing socially.

Which goes nicely into my next random topic of...I guess the same feelings I wrote about in that other post are still with me. Such a lack of motivation for anything.

Which leads me again to saying that I really miss summer right now.

I miss running. A lot. I'm looking forward to a full season of it. Like crazy.

Feel free to say what you want, but joining a gym or whatever and pissing around on some of their gear just doesn't strike me as a replacement. Or at least not one that I want.

I don't quite know what it is about running and being out there in the morning. It's just...special to me, somehow.

Of course, I also miss this:



But everybody knows that by now. Really, watching it just fills me with a sense of calm and warm longing, which isn't bad. It'll have to do, eh?

A while ago I signed up for an Emusic account since just to download one album. I planned on canceling soon after, but stayed subscribed, and I'm glad I have, because I've discovered a great number of bands and music I'd never have found otherwise.

And whatever, call me crazy, but I like the fact that I get my music legally.

One such band I happening to be listening to at the moment is The Bronzed Chorus.



This shit is tight, allegedly it's just a two man band, but I don't know if that's true of this particular album or not.

Anyway, since this post is on the upswing, here are some things that make me happy:


The all new Suzuki GSR750. I love that look

Hot awesome Swedish girl makes ridiculously awesome Varia suit. And more

Miyamoto. A wise man




I mean...come on.

See ya.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

That costume? MIND. BLOWN.

11:00 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

That ASS. MIND. BLOWN.

11:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home