Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Random thoughts.

It's kind of late but I'm so awake it hurts.

I've consumed far too much cola today.

I've been thinking about things lately.

I'm well aware winter has just begun to sink her claws into us, so this might be weird to even bring up, but I'm putting a lot of serious thought (saving already) to a motorcycle trip.

My small town adventures thing was a spectacular failure (though I had no real intentions of it being anything else) but I think I'm finally ready to do some sort of extended trip. To be actually away from home.

The thought of heading either north or south for a week or two has always been appealing for some reason.

I recently subscribed to Motorcycle Mojo, which is a great Canadian magazine, and saw an ad for this Ride North thing and got in touch with someone who mailed me a package with a DVD, booklet and mini map and it sounds pretty great.

I don't know that I'd make a habit of following any set routes they have planned out, but it certainly has pointed me in the right direction and given me plenty of ideas.

I've decided that whether I have a new bike or not, I'm going to attempt it. I'm not huge on planning, so I'll probably just load up the saddle bags with some clothes, my netbook, and cameras and then hit the road.

I've also decided my small town adventure thing will continue for as long as I want it to, why limit it to one season or feel rushed at all? I love the idea of exploring my own province.

So there's that.

Christmas has only now crept into my mind. I'd write about how I don't care about it, but I do that every year, it seems.

It's just kind of crazy how it doesn't feel like the holiday season at all. Not in my life, anyway. Always kind of strikes me, just because of how much I used to love the entire month of December as a child.

Really random turn:

I've always thought the Tomb Raider series was overrated beyond overrated, but the first few details about the next installment have me really intrigued and it will probably be the first of the games I'll play since the second one (which was shit)





This one is said to be a proper reboot of the franchise and sounds like it could be the "Resident Evil 4" of the series...meaning, vastly different gameplay style/pacing/structure. Also supposedly really brutal and dark.

I can get behind that.

See ya.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Not all Tombraider games are garbage, 98% of them are.

Tombraider Legend though i hold that as one of the best games ever made.

Underworld was kind of meh.

I am seriously looking forward to the new one.

As for biking we should do some couples riding!

9:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home