Friday, October 29, 2010

Fuck you, Universal.

So I bought the Back to the Future Blu Ray boxset and was pretty excited... and upon opening it was pretty unimpressed...and then angry and then just dissapointed.

Yes, it really is all about the movies themselves, but when you compare this absolute shit job we get (and I mean SHIT):



To this:



It's a fucking joke.

Also, whoever designed the North American version's case and packaging should be fired. Stupid fucks.

The point is, these are like my favourite films of all time and as such, I'd have loved for Universal to give it the respect and treatment it deserves, but that's asking too much apparently...unless you live over the pond.

What's the fucking deal?

Yes, most of the stuff in that box is probably shit nobody really needs, but again, these movies mean so much to me that all that stuff is actually pretty AMAZING to me.


BUT HEY, WE GET DIGITAL COPIES. (that aren't in HD)

I don't give a FUCK about your stupid fucking digital copies. I have a million fucking movies that include these stupid fucking things and I'll never fucking use them. Stop trying to tell me it's supposed to be a selling point. It's shit.

Fuck you universal!

I've discovered the UK version is indeed region free, so I'm considering grabbing a copy from amazon UK and setting fire to this one, but maybe I'll just watch the films and try and not think about it. After all, that's truly why I bought it.

Fuckers.

Unless someone wants to buy it off me. 40 bucks. Come on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I don't have forty bucks, but you could give it to me out of the kindness and love and affection in your heart (for me :)), I would be thrilled and my mom would just BEAM. I mean...BEAM. Because I love the films as well, but I won't pretend I adore them to the degree you and my mom do.

I AM, however, fucking INFURIATED by the shotty North American excuse for a collectors edition. It's definitely a manifestation of how this place is becoming increasingly idiotic and hardly worth the powder to blow it. WHOA. Sorry. (Except I'm not.)

9:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home