Thursday, November 18, 2010

Watch The Pacific



I'm certain I wrote a little post about The Pacific when it first started to air, because I watched the first episode and waited patiently so I could just buy the box set and soak in all the awesomeness at once.

It came out a couple weeks ago and I finally got a chance to start watching it and now it's over and my mind is blown.

If you've ever seen "Band of brothers" you know what to expect. It's more of that, but set in the pacific theater of war.





Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks and the rest of the guys responsible for Band of Brothers are probably some of the most talented people ever because this mini series is (in my opinion) just as good.


So many times was I amazed at the cinematorgraphy and editing. Quite unbelievable. Throw in the awesome writing and it truly is one of the most emotional things you could think of. Every episode seemed to take a lot out of me because (by all accounts) it's a pretty accurate depiction of such events and my mind can't help but reel at the things these guys went though.




I cannot even begin to imagine. I don't think anybody really can.

There's also the times you just sit there and shake your head at what humanity was (and obviously still is) capable of. Sickening...which is what makes this so goddamn appealing and powerful.

I sincerely hope that the same team of writers/producers gets to tackle another aspect of the war for another mini series. This stuff is on a whole other level compared to ANYTHING else on television.

I'd be all for something from the Soviet perspective, or even German, but I don't know if that'd ever fly with most people.

Part of me also wants to see a take on the Vietnam war. Now THAT, would be bonkers.

Anyway, buy this. Watch this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Looks Good man.

10:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home