Thursday, December 09, 2010

HANDSET

Got a new phone today.

I'd been putting a lot of thought into cancelling my current contract and just not having one at all, but instead I switched back to Telus (purely because Rogers overcharged the fuck out of me) so my monthly bill will be about $35 cheaper (ALLEGEDLY, anyway) so that's awesome.

I do have to pay Rogers for bailing early, but doing the math, I'll be saving money in like 4 months anyway, and I'm not paying them outrageous rates for another year, I'm fucking DONE with that shit.

Their coverage was fantastic and I loved my phone, but considering how I hardly use it for anything other than texting/checking my email when I get real bored at work or away from home, why pay so much?

I considered getting one of those new fangled Windows phones, but decided against it...something about that interface bothers me.

The decision was made easy when I saw/did some research on the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate. It is gorgeous and that 4 inch super amoled screen is seriously a thing of beauty. I am blown away by how crisp and bright it is.

N95, you have been REPLACED by a thinner and more attractive bit of tech

I guess, really, the thought of messing with some new technology is what tempted me. I'm weak.

Still getting used to typing on a qwerty touchscreen, but most people say you get used to it pretty quick, so whatever. That SWYPE feature is fantastic, but I am absolutely hopeless when it comes to using it. It's almost laughable. I feel like an old man.

Also still getting used to android in general. It's awesome, but there's so much to customize and fuck with that it might take me weeks to get it ironed out the way I like it.

So that's that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I love new technology....that is all.

12:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home