Thursday, December 30, 2010

Take that you necromorph son of a bitch!



When I first played Dead Space (what, 2 years ago?) I fell in love instantly. It was pretty much my type of game top to bottom. In fact, way back then, I probably even blogged about it.

For whatever reason, though, I stopped playing half way through and never picked it up again. I had rented it at the time and I think that perhaps I just got swamped with other games and felt I didn't have the time and sent it back. It always sort of bothered me, and I always told myself I'd play it again.

So I got a copy for cheap the other day and played the shit out of it (started from the beginning) pretty much non-stop. It's not an incredibly lengthy game, but man oh man does it take a lot out of a person.

I love the series and I have to say that this is probably one of my favorite single player experiences since I got my xbox. The pacing and mood and everything is just ace. So many awesome moments.

I also love the main character, Isaac Clarke. I can't help but feel sorry for the dude, though. Throughout the entire game he's pretty much an errand boy for every other lazy fucker and thus is forced to become a badass killing machine since nobody else will.

It's pretty much a downward spiral for him the entire length of the game, and the end just tops it off. It's quite depressing in a lot of ways.

Also, I feel more games need silent protagonists. I love that shit.

I'm glad I finished it in time for Dead Space 2 (Jan 25) because it is currently my most anticipated game.





I might even pony up and get the collector's edition, because I love useless trinkets (no, seriously)



A plasma cutter replica and soundtrack? sign me the fuck up! Of course, I don't pre-order games, so if I can't find it I'll be fine with just the game itself.

I actually got into the multiplayer beta on the PS3, but hardly played it since it was tough to find a match during the hours I was online. Like what I played, though.

I have a few concerns, like hopefully the developers didn't focus too much on the multiplayer aspects and not the single player, because that's going to bother the fuck out of me if it's true. I'm in it for the story and the characters, killing dudes online is just a bonus and I hope it is treated that way.

Whatever, I'm just excited for more Dead Space, motherfuckers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

That game looks ace, i looked at it at Rogers last time i was in. Just about rented it.

I feel like i missed out on to much xbox awesomeness.

5:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home