Sunday, January 30, 2011

dumb shit.

I'm still off work. Two weeks or something and counting. I went and took a look and I am scheduled next week, for a whole FOUR hour shift! how generous of them.

Idiots actually called me tonight at 11:30 and said "I can use you tonight if you're free" I thought about if for 3.23 seconds and told him no.

Call it some stupid pride thing or whatever you want, but I knew it would happen eventually and my plan was to tell them to eat shit from day one.

To be thought of only when their lazy full timers let them down is dumb. To be called in to bail them out after getting fucked over is an insult to me. I'm not being over dramatic and I'm not saying it's a huge deal, but it is fucking stupid of them. (also stupid is calling me at 11:30, you morons)

I could tell he expected my answer and was seemingly surprised that I didn't have more to say other than "Nope. Can't do it. No thanks"

Pretty sure a few other people in my situation told him the same thing. We had all talked about how it was going to happen.

I kind of decided if/when I go back there that I won't be working any extra hours for them. At all. I'm usually cool about staying late whenever they ask, but I won't be anymore. They can schedule me however the fuck they please and I'll work and shut up, but I won't be giving any extra time to help out that company. Money or not. I don't give a shit.

Anyway, a shift next week is either an indication that things might be getting back to normal slowly...but it also might not be. We'll see how it goes.

I mostly kind of don't care, only because I got my holiday pay last week, so I'm still in decent shape financially for the time being.

If I had my own place or kids or whatever the fuck, it would obviously be a different story. In fact I'd probably just be searching for a new job right now (which is still a possibility)

It hasn't been all bad. Sitting on my ass and going through my backlog of games (the Assassin's Creed games mostly) has been fun, and seeing my sister for the 10 days or so she was here was also cool. We sat around and played games and talked whatnot and that was fun.

Being awake at normal hours and feeling normal is also kind of cool. My sleep patters are as wonky as ever, I can't seem to fall asleep until 5 AM no matter what, BUT on the plus side, I'm not completely wiped and feeling like a zombie at 6 PM like I usually am on my days off.

I only wish it were summer. Two/three weeks off then would be more than welcome, to be honest.

So yeah.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Sucky man, it almost sounds like they are trying to get rid of you. It seems kind of weird that you've been there so long and get shafted like that, usually your seniority would over way over anything else.

I guess its because your still part time, have they ever offered you full time? You should try to get on full time, then i don't think they can do that kind of stuff to you.

I know as a part time employee anywhere you get rapped and have pretty much zero say in it.

Big store like that would rather have part time because its cheaper for them in the long run.

12:22 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I think Dan and I should run off together somewhere far, far away.

12:39 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Yeah, I have always technically been part time, but used to work just as much hours as all the full timers and so I never took a full time position because all that really does is make you a bitch that they can order around even more.

Now it's different and my hours were pretty weak, and now non-existent.

I know I shouldn't even really take it personally, because that's how full time/part time works. They are guaranteed the hours no matter what kind of worker they are...but that's the problem. They hand out that position to the laziest fucking people and that's why nothing is getting done.

Now I'm supposed to sit and wait by my phone and jump at an extra 4 hour shift to bail them out? fuck that.

I'd rather just put effort into enjoying the time off. Screw it.

1:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home