Saturday, September 10, 2011

stuffy stuff.

Well, I figured I should update, but I really don't have anything to say.

(NOTE: after staring at a blank screen for a while this eventually turned into another videogame post. I am sorry)


I finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution today and I'm so glad the game turned out to be everything I had hoped. Absolutely awesome game that everyone should play.

I watched all four of the endings and they (as well as the general theme of the game) raise a lot of questions and it all makes you think.

I wonder how humanity would truly react if we lived in a world like that. Augmented human beings and freedom to live that way vs what it means to be human and so on.

Good shit. Buy it.

Last Tuesday I also picked up Dead Island and Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine because Best Buy had a great launch day deal if you bought two games.

Dead Island, so far, is a lot of fun. Flawed, but I dig first person melee combat and RPG elements. Not much else to say at the moment, but I'm sure I'll report back once I really get into it.

I don't know SHIT about Warhammer but this Space Marine game is perhaps the most pleasant surprise I've had in a long while.

Awesome, awesome stuff so far. Great blend of shooter and melee focused combat with no pussy cover system. All about fighting a shit ton of bad guys at once. The battles feel awesome and all the carnage is ridiculously satisfying.



OH, I also imported Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii since Nintendo of America is fucking clueless and refuses to release it here. I don't know how many people who read this blog have followed that debacle (I'm guessing zero of you), but it is amazing to me how dumb Nintendo can be sometimes.

What else is there to look forward to on the Wii? Zelda. That's it. Why not release a game that is getting fucking UNIVERSAL praise so that you can keep your customers playing games?

Whatever, it came out in Europe mid August and I got it a few weeks later. So fuck 'em.




In order to play it I had to "hack" my Wii and install the Homebrew channel so that it could run games from any region. Doing so kind of scared me, but it is amazingly easy to do and every "app" launches off an SD card, so it's all good.

I haven't played it much yet, cause I know it's gonna be a long ass game and I'm trying to finish off some other shit...but what I've played so far has been awesome. I can't recall how long it has been since I've really enjoyed a Japanese RPG.

Way too long. Like...the SNES days, probably.

Don't get me started on Final Fantasy 13...fuck me, I tried so hard to like that game...so...hard. Never again.

Anyway, whatever. I'm getting an awesome feeling from this game and can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

In hardware news I picked up these bad boys about a week ago:

I've never been a headset/headphone guy, but I decided I wanted some better gaming audio options and something like this seemed like the way to go, so I jumped in.

And they are fucking amazing. Can't believe how much they add to the experience. I've always been a guy who thinks music/sound design is a HUGE part of games/movies so it is surprising it took me this long to try, but I'm glad I did.

There are a lot of options out there, and it's hard to choose because there's always people who prefer a certain brand or aren't happy with some detail, so reading reviews was driving me fucking nuts. The internet has taught me that nobody is happy with anything.

All I knew is that I wanted a set that would work with all my shit and these doing true 5.1 surround seemed like a good place to start since I don't have the money to spend on a $500+ set.

Anyway. Perfect for my needs, and a HUGE step up from shitty built in TV speakers.

Well, whatever.

Time to go do something productive. I can't wait to sleep tonight. Shit is gonna be so awesome.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

I've been following that on IGN.

Its complete bullshit why it wont be released in North America. The Wii system is dead! Outside of Zelda its pretty bleak till WiiU.

Probably has alot to do with the fact North Americans are gradually turning away from Japanese games in favor of more western flavors.

I read something on how square enix was going down and deus ex was one of their last stabs at trying to regain glory.

Either-way Japanese games are usually pretty great and Xenoblade looks like a fairly decent game.

Don't know about the hacking of the wii though.

I guess until the WiiU comes out and gets some decent looking 3rd party support ill be playing shooters on my xbox till my eyes bleed mixing it up with some zelda.

Rumor has it their working on a new Baten Kaitos for 3Ds, i quite enjoyed the gamecube one.

11:34 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

The original Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War was Relic's first foray into Warhammer stuff. I played the SHIT out of that game.

And it got me into the tabletop game, which, I guess, I'll now have to share.

Once I get my camera gear unpacked, look for a new post.

1:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home