Wednesday, October 31, 2007

just in time for halloween

So I just say down for a session with Manhunt 2.

I just want to say once again, fuck the ESRB.

The game is certainly gruesome and scary and tense and everything but the "censored" executions piss me off.

The screen gets filled with this red/gray filter and the camera gets all jerky. Sometimes it actually adds to the unsettling feeling, but other times you can't really see what the fuck is going on and are left with the sound effects (which are awesome) to tell the story.

I'm STILL mad they were forced to go back and change things.

For all the people arguing that it's sick to want to play a game like this in the first place, well, fuck you.

It's just as sick for anybody to TELL me what I can and cannot watch and play. Seriously. THAT'S the sick part.

That being said it is a cool game so far. The mood and atmosphere are awesome. and the Wii remote gestures are fun.

I've seen insane dudes piss on me, throw shit at me and beat the snot out of orderlies. I've also smashed someones head in with a sledgehammer, strangled them with a plastic bag, stuck them in the neck with a syringe and so on.

And hey, guess what? I'm not demented. I don't feel homicidal in the least.

Could it be?...that this...is just...a game!?

fucking pricks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

dude, send this into the editorial section of the sun. Games are fun end of story, if you cant differ between reality and fiction get help.

5:07 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

I concur with Trevor, to a degree. Yes, video games do occasionally incite violent tendencies. But only when the tendencies were already pretty f'cked up to begin with.

Instead of blaming everyone and everything else, people should maybe turn around and start taking a bit of responsibility for how they, and inevitably, their children behave.

1:57 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

I just hate censorship. I really, truly do.

It's still bothering me.

I FEEL LIKE WRITING AN ANGRY LETTER. CONGRESS, YOU WILL REGRET THE DAY YOU HEAR MY NAME.

Funny enough, people have already "hacked" the PSP/PS2 versions to get rid of the filter. It's cumbersome to do, and probably not worth the effort, but still cool.

Maybe when the Wii Action replay comes out they'll find a way to fix it.

And then Rockstar will get in even more shit.

6:29 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Congress, you will regret the day you hear my name.

hehe...

Yeah, BOO to censorship.

9:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home