Monday, March 04, 2013

Outrun


This is a hell of an album.

I dig the 80's synth sound. It's the most pleasing thing to my ears in the entire world. I've been tracking down music that fills that NEED. This one is full of it, and in fact, built all around it. there's a story throughout the album (and the EP's that came before it) about this dude from 1986 crashing his car and dying and becoming a zombie or something.

I dunno, it's some weird french shit, eh?

but I dig it very much and have been waiting for the full album to get released for a long ass time. It finally came out last week and has been getting played constantly by yours truly.

I guess if you don't care for electronic music in any capacity, it might not jive with you, but again, that sound is just so awesome to me that I don't really care what you think!

I'm not sure I can nail down a favorite on the album but I love the shit out of these two tracks:



(this one comes with bonus awesome ridiculous video):


and if you saw the movie DRIVE, you certainly remember this one for making the opening credits the greatest thing ever:



Anyway, that's it. I like it.

See you in another few months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home