Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Journey





I've been playing games...a long, long time.

I've played a lot of games with awesome stories and well written characters and phenomenal soundtracks and had goosebumps many a time because of those very things.

I have not, however, been moved to tears.

Until I played Journey.

This is absolutely the most beautiful game I have ever played. Never before have art and atmosphere and music come together so perfectly.

I just wrote a paragraph and some explaining the game and what it's about and what makes it so awesome, but I feel like I don't need to. It should be experienced.

I will say though, the seamless co-op where other players join and journey with you is genius. It's not required, and it's totally random (you can't see names or chat or anything) but adds so much to the experience. the last ten minutes wouldn't have been the same without my (complete stranger) buddy beside me. That's somehow, quite remarkable to say.

Anyway.

Perhaps it is my lack of sleep the last few days, perhaps I was just in the right "mood" or perhaps this game strikes some sort of chord that resonates some important life message without the player even really knowing.

I have no idea.

But I had tears in my eyes at a few points in the game, and by the time the credits rolled I was on the verge of a full on cry...and then I lost it.

Incredible.

PS. I am not gay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

That's pretty awesome.

11:22 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Looks pretty cool. To bad I don't have a play station.

8:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home