Thursday, January 26, 2012

No, seriously, best show on television.


I'd always enjoyed the BBC show Top Gear whenever I caught it on TV, so I started watching it from the start a few weeks ago (thank you Netflix) and can now confidently say it is my favorite show on Television.

And I'm not even a car guy. I can (and do) appreciate the beauty and awesomeness in automobiles, but that's about as far as I take it.

It's the fact that it is so, so, SO wildly entertaining that makes it good. The car review bits are brutally honest, often hilarious and have great production value.

The celery bit fucking KILLED me. So random:



What REALLY makes it entertaining is the challenge/competition/race bits that they have.

Some of the things I've seen have made me laugh so hard I was on the verge of throwing up because my stomach hurt so bad.

And when it's not hilarious it is, again, just so addictive and entertaining that I can't quite explain it.

Take this bit for instance where the three try to turn a van into a convertible (some of the best bits are missing from this clip, but it's still awesome):


There's also an episode where Jeremy races the other two from Italy to England, him in a Bugatti Veyron, and the other two in a plane/train which was incredible



But so far my favorite has probably been the American road trip episode where the three go to America and instead of renting cars are given $1000 to each buy a vehicle and drive from Miami to New Orleans and are given a series of challenges along the way, one of which results in some intense and hilarious moments from rednecks while driving through Alabama that involves the cast and crew almost getting beat to death for the slogans they've written on each others cars (in an attempt to see who can get the other person either killed or arrested the quickest. haha)

It was probably the most entertaining hour of TV I've seen in years.

So far I'm still watching episodes that are 5-6 years old since I'm watching from the start, but the newer ones I've seen on TV (turning cars into trains because trains are awful, for example) are just as good.

So yeah. I could go on about hilarious moments and post a million videos that nobody will ever watch or care about, but the bottom line is that I highly recommend you watch this show even if you don't give a shit about cars and especially if you enjoy British style humor, cause it is here in spades.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Every clip is worth watching! So funny!

The van catching fire is too good :)

6:52 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Looks good man, still sunny in Philadelphia is the best show on T.V.

That episode where they were reselling the gas, has to be the funniest show I've ever seen.

Runner up would be when they tried to get that book written about Dennis's sex life and he was in the institute calling those two guys sin-bad and Rob Thomas.

9:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home